Step 1: Determine licence type
The College offers seven different licence types. Please review licence types to understand your options for licensure at the College.
Step 2: Complete the licence application form
If you are a new applicant or have submitted an application in the past, please submit an online licensure application.
If you currently hold a licence with the CVO, please submit a paper licensure application.
The following must be submitted with your application form:
- Complete the CVO Jurisprudence confidentiality declaration
- provide payment for the licence application fee and CVO Jurisprudence Exam fee
- attach your identification document and legal work authorization (if already obtained)
You will receive an email from College staff within five business days to let you know that the application has been received.
Step 3: Submit required documents
Submit the required documents that are applicable to the licence type you are seeking.
- name change information (if required)
- veterinary medicine degree or transcripts
- language proficiency (if required)
- examination and assessment pathway results (if required)
- suitability to practise information
See licensure requirements for detailed information about each of the requirements and how you may submit this documentation to the College.
Step 4: Complete CVO Jurisprudence Exam
Prepare for the CVO Jurisprudence Exam if it is a requirement for the licence type you are seeking.
You will receive an e-mail confirming your eligibility to take the CVO Jurisprudence Exam. Please review the Jurisprudence Exam Information page for detailed information about the exam.
Step 5: Pay licence fee
Once you have successfully completed the CVO Jurisprudence Exam and submitted all required documents you can pay the appropriate licence fee and ask to have your licence processed. The licence can be issued within two business days.