Under certain circumstances, the College provides opportunities for programs or clinics to operate from an unaccredited facility. Those interested in hosting or sponsoring a temporary clinic or program are encouraged to review the Position Statement and submit an application form. The College requires two weeks notice to process an application for a temporary facility.
All the College's application forms for hosting temporary facilities are now available in an easy-to-use online format under Forms & Applications.
Programs which operate from temporary facilities include:
- Cardiac screening program
- Conducting programs for the implantation of electronic identification devices in companion animals
- Congenital deafness screening programs for companion animals
- Ophthalmic screening program
- Rabies vaccinations
The Request for Authorization of a Rabies Program form must be submitted to – and approved by – the College prior to hosting a rabies program.
Following completion of a Rabies Clinic, you will be sent a Data Report Form via email. The information that is collected on that report includes the following:
- number of cats vaccinated
- number of dogs vaccinated
- number of animals reported to have bitten a person in 10 days prior to the date of the proposed rabies vaccination
- number of animals with no prior vaccination history
- number of clients with no primary care veterinarian
- number of Exemption Certificates issued
Please keep track of these details during your Rabies Clinic to complete the Data Report Form.