The Consulation Process & Posting Guidelines
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario takes pride in being an open and transparent organization. Consultations with the profession, the public and other stakeholders are an important part of the College's policy development and review process. Council reviews the opinions it receives to make informed decisions before making changes to existing policies or introducing new documents. All comments are reviewed and considered.
The feedback the College receives during a consultation is summarized and is posted on the College website after the consultation period ends.
When finalizing the policy content, Council will consider the extent to which your suggestions or comments represent the expectations of the profession, and are consistent with the College’s mandate as a regulatory body. See About CVO on the website for more information on the College’s mandate and role.
The College reads comments to make sure they adhere to the Posting Guidelines. Comments that appear to be in breach of the Posting Guidelines may be deleted.
The College removes personal identifiers and information that may identify a third party prior to posting.
Individuals who are contributing their comments have the option of sending a private message via e-mail to the College to share their feedback rather than posting online.
The College does not endorse any of the views in the comments that are posted.
What is and isn't acceptable?
Please keep your submissions relevant to the topic and be civil.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language;
- Hate speech;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements;
- Breaking copyright or intellectual property rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution);
- Comments relating to an ongoing investigation or any other matters considered confidential;
- Violating someone's privacy, e.g. by providing personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses;
- Threats or harassment;
- Insensitive comments;
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions; and
- Anything illegal.
What if I see a comment I don't like?
If you disagree with a comment, you are welcome to respond. If you feel someone has violated the Posting Guidelines, contact the College.