CVO Brand Promise
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) protects and serves the public interest through the regulation of the practice of veterinary medicine in Ontario. The College guides, governs and inspires excellence in the veterinary profession in collaboration with the profession and the public.
Through stakeholder consultations and evidence-based research, the College develops extensive policy and practice guidance resources to strengthen veterinary medicine in Ontario. The College upholds practice standards which are in place to strengthen public protection and professional conduct.
The College governs the profession with the public’s interest being at the forefront of all College activities and decisions. Ever-respectful of the privilege of self-regulation, the College undertakes its activities in an open and transparent environment and actively engages with the profession and the public.
The CVO is committed to upholding the highest standards in all of our activities.
- We protect the safety of citizens of Ontario by ensuring access to quality veterinary medicine by licensed veterinarians from accredited facilities.
- We strive to provide leadership, fairness and innovation in the regulation of veterinary medicine.
- We consult and collaborate with licensees and the public in efforts to ensure policies and decisions deliver optimal results.
- We endeavour to provide licensees with timely and relevant programs and educational resources in support of excellence in the veterinary profession.
- We provide services and information to licensees in a manner that makes use of multiple technologies and communication channels.
- We value our licensees, their clients and their patients and demonstrate this in every interaction.
- We are committed to earning and retaining the trust of the public and of licensees.
- We undertake to assist members in providing and inspiring ongoing opportunities for professional growth and continued skill development.
- We strive to establish significant relationships with members that would include an understanding and respect for shared goals and objectives.