CVO Brand Promise
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) protects and serves the public interest through the regulation of the practice of veterinary medicine in Ontario. The College guides, governs and inspires excellence in the veterinary profession in collaboration with the profession and the public.
In serving the public, the College seeks to understand the risks involved in the practice of veterinary medicine and collaborates with partners to develop solutions which reduce the potential for harm to animals and people.
The CVO is committed to upholding the highest standards in all of our activities.
- We protect the safety of citizens of Ontario by ensuring access to quality veterinary medicine by licensed veterinarians from accredited facilities.
- We strive to provide leadership, fairness and innovation in the regulation of veterinary medicine.
- We are committed to earning and retaining the trust of the public and of licensed members.
- We consult and collaborate with the public and licensed professionals in efforts to ensure policies and decisions deliver optimal results.
- We endeavour to provide licensed members with relevant programs and resources in support of excellence in the veterinary profession.
- We conduct our activities in an open and transparent environment.
- We value those we serve and demonstrate this in all communication and by seeking opportunities for engagement.
- We strive to collaborate with organizations that share our goals and objectives.