The Discipline Committee may be directed by the Executive or the Complaints Committee to conduct hearings to determine allegations of professional misconduct or serious neglect against a member or former member of the College.
A Panel of the Complaints Committee or Executive Committee reviews the case to determine if the Committee has concerns with the veterinarian’s actions or conduct. If the Committee identifies serious concerns with the veterinarian’s actions or conduct they would refer the case to the Discipline Committee.
At the Discipline Hearing, panels of three to five members are appointed to hear the matter. Each panel must have at least one public member. Discipline hearings are generally open to the public. However, the Discipline Panel can direct that all or part of a hearing be held in camera to protect confidential matters.
Discipline Hearings are held at the College office unless otherwise noted.
Upcoming Discipline Hearing Dates
Until further notice, the College’s hearings will be conducted electronically. If you wish to attend a hearing as an observer, please contact Rose Robinson for details.
- March 22, 2021 (uncontested hearing)
- March 30 and April 1, 2021 (penalty hearing)
- April 8 - 9, 2021 (penalty hearing)
- April 14, 15, 16, 2021 (motion hearing)
- April 26, 27, 29, 2021 (contested hearing)
- May 3 – 7 and 10 – 14, 2021 (contested hearing)
- May 19 – 20, 2021 (contested hearing)
- September 22 – 24, 2021 (motion hearing)
- June 1–4 and 8–11, 2021 (contested hearing)